1. Code of Conduct Overview
We have created this code of conduct to clarify our core principles and how we interact with our employees, contractors, clients, suppliers and the global community. We are aware of the trust placed in us by our stakeholders and our code of conduct is built in recognition that everything we do at TAS is measured against the highest possible standards of ethical business conduct. Our commitment to positive business practices helps us build fantastic products and services, attract loyal clients, and hire amazing people. We recognise that operating in an ethical and forthright fashion, creating positive business relationships and acting in a socially responsible manner are foundational to our success and is the right thing to do.
Our Code of Conduct is based on our core values of:
This Code of Conduct is intended as a statement to the business community of our socially responsible business practices and has been placed in the public domain for full transparency and visibility. From an internal perspective this Code of Conduct compliments The Apartment Service’s policies contained with our Staff Handbook which is shared with all employees at the beginning of their appointment with us.
The Apartment Service’s policies are periodically reviewed to reflect best practice and the company’s prevailing business circumstances and may be changed from time to time. This code of conduct was last reviewed on: 1 Sep 2020
2. Code of Conduct Guidelines
Our code of conduct guidelines defines how we put our core values into practice and further elaborates the specifics of our code of conduct as they relate to the variety of issues relevant to our operation.
2.1 Ethical Business Practices
Whilst TAS is committed to maintaining our position as one of the premier serviced accommodation solutions globally we do so by competing in the marketplace in a fair, honorable and ethical manner. We deal fairly with clients, suppliers, competitors and the wider community and do not tolerate any kind of unfair business practices, including, but not limited to: misrepresentation, harassment, manipulation, abuse or concealment.
2.2 Professional Behaviour & Conduct
As representatives of TAS our team members are expected to behave ethically, honestly and to conduct themselves in alignment with our core values and code of conduct at all times. Our employees are required to interact with colleagues and external stakeholders with integrity, dignity and respect. Abuse, bullying or harassment are not tolerated and any such allegations of this nature are treated seriously and addressed promptly.
2.3 Equal Opportunity Employment
We provide equal opportunities for all and it is our policy to treat all existing employees and all job applicants in the same way, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, race, ethnic origin, colour, religion, disability, age, or any other characteristics protected by law. Employment at TAS is based entirely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. These principles also apply to how the TAS team interacts with visitors, clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
2.5 Anti-Bribery and Corruption
The Apartment Service acts professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and prohibits employees or associated persons from offering, promising, giving, soliciting or accepting any bribe. We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and any breach of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. Where consultants or sub‐contractors are involved their contracts will be terminated with immediate effect.
The Apartment Service does not tolerate slavery and human trafficking of any kind and adopts business practices that encourage our suppliers to mirror our ethical position to ensure no forced labour or trafficking is taking place within their business or their supply chain. In addition to the influence of supplier behavior we also have implemented a robust Whistleblowing policy that enables employees to raise concerns in confidence without being at risk of damaging their position within the company.
2.7 Environmental Impact
The Apartment Service is aware of the direct effect (business travel, cleaning materials, energy and office consumables etc) and indirect effect (via our suppliers and other stakeholders) our actions and practices have on the environment and we are committed to minimising these.
Our objectives in broad outline are:
- To comply with, and if possible exceed, relevant existing environmental legal requirements.
- To seek to increase the efficient use of energy resources.
- To raise awareness amongst our employees of the environmental impact of their actions and decisions and encourage them to support the company achieve its environmental ambitions.
- To reduce pollution, emissions and waste.
- To recycle materials used in areas where we have control of the relevant services.
- To encourage suppliers to minimise their own environmental impact and, where relevant and possible, reflect their environmental choices in our decision making.
- To strive to continuously improve our overall environmental performance.
In working towards these objectives, we will:
- Provide Management oversight and review of environmental policies and performance.
- Allocate management resources for the effective direction and implementation of our environmental policy with the aim of achieving our objectives and meeting our targets.
- Review our environmental policy on an annual basis, to take account of changes in environmental legislation, as well as the requirements and expectations of our clients and of the industry as whole.
- Encourage proposed and existing suppliers to investigate and introduce environmentally responsible processes and products.
- Seek, where appropriate, to make environmental criteria a part of our decision making in awarding contracts or in making general buying decisions.
- Communicate the aims of this environmental statement to our suppliers and to our employees, and to encourage their input and feedback regarding our environmental behavior.
- Undertake appropriate consideration of environmental issues in the professional services we provide to our clients.
2.8 Social Responsibility
The Apartment Service places value on supporting worthy and charitable causes and we aspire to act in a manner that contributes to the welfare of society and the environment as well as increasing our market share. We also encourage and celebrate efforts made by our staff and other stakeholders connected to our business that make meaningful contributions that benefit social causes and the wider community.
2.9 Whistle Blowing Policy
Whistle blowing refers to the voluntary disclosure of individual or organisational malpractice by a person who has privileged access to data, events, or information about an actual, suspected, or anticipated wrongdoing or malpractice. We encourage an open culture in all our dealings and have outlined our code of conduct so there is no ambiguity as to our position on key business issues. TAS has established a robust process for those wishing to raise concerns, in good faith, regarding any aspect of our company practices and the ability to report these concerns in confidence without being at risk of damaging their position within the company.